IB Diploma Programme Curriculum
Students in Grade 10 meet an appropriate Preliminary Year pre-requisite that enables them to pursue the IB Diploma Programme.
All students in Grades 11 and 12 (IB-DP1 and IB-DP2) take courses designed by the IB Diploma Programme. Students are full diploma candidates. All students who successfully complete the IB-DP2 receive a bilingual diploma.
The curriculum is modelled by a hexagon with six academic areas surrounding the three core requirements.
Over the course of the two-year programme, students:
- study six subjects chosen from the six subject groups
- complete an Extended Essay follow a Theory of Knowledge course (TOK)
- participate in creativity, action, service (CAS).
- three of the six subjects are studied at higher level (courses representing 240 teaching hours)
- the remaining three subjects are studied at standard level (courses representing 150 teaching hours).
At Colégio Planalto students must also enroll in Physical Education, Religion and Philosophy.
IBDP Curriculum - Planalto
- Português (Language A: Literature)
- English (Language B)
- Environmental Systems and Societies
- Mathematical Studies
- The Arts